4.13.2010

catching up




i've been horrible at many things lately, blogging being one of them. we have had a few busy months here. right after christmas, jeremy started studying for the texas bar exam. because this was keeping him so busy, desmond and i went back to utah for three weeks so he could study in peace and quiet. while we were gone, dallas had a record breaking snowfall event that left jeremy without power for three days, studying by candle light. what a crazy time.
while we were in utah, my poor mom broke her arm. a really bad break she had to go through surgery for. she has been a trooper and is still going though physical therapy to get her strength back.
i was also called into the primary presidency of our ward. a calling that overwhelms me, but i do love working with the kids. it has really been a blessing in my life.
we also welcomed a new family member. my sister and her husband adopted a baby girl who is quickly stealing all of our hearts. we are so, so excited for them and love little frances to pieces.
i can't believe summer is upon us. it has already crept into the 80's here in dallas, the trees are out, the flowers are blooming and it is a gorgeous time of year (minus the allergies).
desmond is growing like a weed. i can't believe how much he's grown up in the past few months. he is obsessed with all things "cars." i don't know that he'll ever tire of that movie, or playing with his little cars. the first thing he asks me in the morning is "do you want to roll cars with me?" it sort of breaks my heart to see that he's not a baby anymore.
anyway, hope all of you are well. i will try to be better at blogging, i enjoy looking at all of yours and keeping up with you!

9 comments:

charles said...

oh! What a little dreamboat!

I wish Dez and Dries could play cars together! He is in love with that movie, too!

We miss you guys in the ATL!

Abbigail said...

So sorry to hear about your mom's arm! I hope she recovers well. At least you were able to be there and help her some.
My little one is so big too. It is crazy. She loves tonplay pretend, so much that I think she is a cat more than herself.
I am thrilled for holly and her new child. That is really great news. And could dez be any cuter? Can u please come up with a name for my baby boy due in a few weeks?!

grandma B said...

Surprise,surprise! New blog entry! So fun to see the pictures of sweet little D man. The winter storm looks like Utah last week! Spring is here and we all welcome
the "spring green, warm days and blossoms....ah..choo!

emily said...

love the new photos of des, jen. they both just break my heart a little. no more baby des! it is crazy how time flies. love you.

Jacki said...

I thought Texas was supposed to be hot and desert-like. Guess I am wrong.

Brooks has a client about 2 hours outside of Dallas and I keep telling him the next time he goes out there, Jordyn and I have to come so we can meet up with you! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

"Do you want to roll cars with me"... well I want to cry. Such a sweet voice saying that too. All they ever want is for us to play with them. Really, that's what makes them the happiest. Doesn't it just break your heart?

melissa said...

I love those pictures of Dez. He is just a mini Jenny (in a boy form)! He is so dang darling. I hate seeing my kids grow up too--it breaks my heart. I just want to keep them little forever. Miss you guys...

Nicole Grotepas said...

Jen--it's weird that you went away and Dallas had a freak snowstorm!

So in January, I went to visit Dani in Denver and while I was gone, Nashville had an insane snowstorm and our house had electrical problems and Stoker froze (but not to death, thank heavens). Of course, he got it worked out and so he didn't go without power for three days like Jer did. But it's one of those things. I felt guilty for leaving Stoker behind to deal with that.

Love seeing pictures of you and Jer and Desmond. I hope your mom is ok. Broken bones are rough!

Melissa said...

Jenny! You really need to update your blog! Dez is so handsome! Post lots more pictures! 'roll cars with me'...is that the cutest or what!!!

Hope you guys are doing well! Keep in touch!