7.22.2008

memory lane



so this is the latest tag going around the blog sites.  i thought it would be fun.  here are the rules:
1.  as a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and i had together.  it doesn't matter if you knew me a  little or a lot, anything you remember.  
2.  next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory.  

20 comments:

grandma B said...

you definitely have a guardian angel watching over you. One situation comes to mind.
You were a small baby and we were taking the family to see the fireworks in July, in the old blue volkswagen bus. I remember taking you out to the bus wrapped in a blanket. You were old enough to be able to sit for a moment or two, and I needed you to do that while I helped one of your siblings into the bus into the sliding door area. I opened the drivers seat door, and placed you in the seat, sitting up. I turned my attention away from you for just a second or two, and you fell out of the bus, onto the cement driveway. You fell onto your back, but I noticed as you fell, that it seemed to be in slow motion. And as you hit the driveway, you seemed to gently rock as if someone caught you and carefully placed you on the ground. You didn't even cry, and I quickly picked you up. I was so worried, but there seemed to be nothing wrong and I was relieved. I know without a doubt someone was protecting you that afternoon. A guardian angel caught you.
Love you
Dad Brown

Jacki said...

Running into you guys at Noodles. Pretty much meeting you guys for the first time and having the best unplanned, low-key double date EVER!! That is how the Snows and Lemmons roll!

Maeve said...

All white outfit on the USU campus. From the shoes up.

Julie said...

I remember your wonderful suday school lessons. I thought, "I wish I could be as good a teacher as she is!"

emily said...

sunshine buddies on a rainy may day in minneapolis. that is one of my all time favorites. love you jen.

the warrens said...

egg sandwiches at einsteins even BEFORE they were a fixed item on the menu. you made them the best jenny!

charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
charles said...

oops, that was me.

Remember when you and Jeremy saw Peter and I walking with our little munchkin on Sunday like 2 1/2 months ago? He was screaming then. I'm sure you pitied us. I'm so glad he doesn't do that anymore.

jenny said...

dad-i think i have a guardian angel too.
jacki-ditto. we had such a great time that night!
maeve-in my defense, weren't the shoes brown? yikes, let's hope so.
shan-yes, remember it well.
julie-you're too nice. teaching did and always will scare the crap out of me!
emily-one of my favorites too. still have mine on my desk, it makes me happy.
tara-too funny, i still crave those!
charla-i swear that wasn't pity! i just knew how that felt as i was the proud owner of a professional screamer myself. i'm so glad they are both better boys now.

Queen said...

Hey,
I remember one Sunday you did a musical number. It was beautiful and it invited the spirit.
I am looking forward to the ward talent show. hint...hint...wink...wink

Molly said...

Cute hair, cute smile, cute sense of style,cute enough to tame Jeremy's heart.
A little cheezy I know. But it's true.

jenny said...

queen-thanks, that's a really nice compliment-not so sure about the talent show!
molly-that just made my day, your way too kind!

grandma B said...

A summer time memory comes to my mind. You and your best bud and cousin ,Melissa were about ten. Two girls with large amounts of creative juices flowing and every day of the summer was spent making SOMETHING! From stuffed creations,elephants etc. to little chairs. You two were two peas in a pod and boy you loved to make things. It was a challenge to keep you two supplied with the stuff you needed for your creations. Lots of trips to the craft store! You are both still making things! AWESOME!

Jan said...

I think I will always remember you as the sickest pregnant woman I have ever know. I'm sure you don't want to remember that. But I felt so bad for you and wish I could have helped easy your suffering.

On a good note. You gave the best RS lesson today. It was so refreshing to have such a good lesson. Sorry about Nolan's interruptions.

jenny said...

mom-you were always so good to tote us around and support us in our creativity. i never remember you getting bothered by us, even though i'm sure you were!
jan-yes, that was a horrible time being sick. i'm not so sure i ever want to go through it again! and thanks for the compliment on the lesson, you are too nice. i always get so nervous!!!

VirtualM said...

I remember when you met Frankie for the first time - we were at the Ponce building for some fireside or something and you and Jeremy were there for some other reason. Anyway, I remember how you called Frankie a 'perfect little peanut.' He was maybe two months old. He'll be two in less than a week. How time flies!

jenny said...

mary-i remember that like it was yesterday. that is crazy how time flies. he still is the perfect little peanut!

amy germer said...

Bear lake Germer reunion and you and your sister singing like angels, I'm pretty sure there was a guitar in there too.

JaNae said...

One night you came to pick me up at my house, we backed out of the driveway, your window was down, when you stopped to put the car in drive we looked out the window and saw a guy standing right there by that weird cement thing in front of my house. We screamed our heads off and you peeled out. The poor guy was just standing there waitiing for a ride or something....but he innocently managed to scare the heck out of us.

jenny said...

janae, that is too funny. i totally remember that!! that was a little weird of the guy to be standing in the dark like that, but i'm sure we scared him too!