9.29.2008

crappy croup


yes, the croup visited our house friday night.  desmond went to bed just fine but then woke up about a half an hour later gasping for air.  we took him to the emergency room (i swear the kid's a regular) because he was having a lot of trouble even getting a breath.  they diagnosed him with croup and gave him an oral steroid to shrink the swelling in the throat.  he was still coughing really bad the next night, that scary croup cough, so they put him on one more round of the steroid and hopefully that does it.  poor kid hasn't slept much the past several nights, and neither have we.  

6 comments:

Jacki said...

I am so sorry to hear that. How scary! I would be a reck if Jordyn woke up gasping for air. Dez is one tough cookie and so are you!

TO5H said...

Wish I could take the hurt from the dude. My heart goes out to Dez, you, and Jer. It's good you're a supa moma.

Maeve said...

I am sorry to hear that the Dez is sick. Hope you all get some sleep soon. Where did he get the croup from?

jenny said...

seriously maeve, it's a mystery where he got it. he was really only around me all week long. i guess it's the same virus that causes the cold in older people, it just manifests as croup in some little kids, usually under the age of 3. crazy stuff.

charles said...

so scary. poor little man!

Abbigail said...

scary!!!!! I hate when people especially babies can't breathe. I hope he is better now.