4.17.2008
music
it's funny, sometimes life gets so intense you forget about the little things that make you happy. sometimes i forget how much i love music and what a great escape it is to just put on a pair of headphones and listen to one of your favorite songs really loud (not so good on the eardrums i'm sure, but it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make for a few minutes of pleasure). i just listened to "a place called home" by pj harvey. it was a fantastic experience. next up "look up" by the stars, "harrowdown hill" by thom yorke, and then a little nostalgia with "day dream" by the smashing pumpkins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The other night, Juston and I just laid on top of the covers and sat and listened to the 1994 album 'Boingo' by Boingo. (Yeah, not exactly highbrow - but it's a HUGE departure from their 1980s punk pop.) It's a really intense, bitter, but melodically beautiful and complicated album and it helped me to remember why I love music.
I also remember nursing Frankie in the early weeks and listening to Black Box Recorder - a particular song called "Child Psychology" with the refrain "Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it." I think I felt those words pretty intensely as a new mother. Luckily things have gone up since then, but sleep deprivation does weird things to me.
Enjoy your music, it's a little escape.
I love that PJ Harvey album
I am so with you with all of that.
I will give you a call soon. Things have been crazy here with visitors in and out. I just got all that stuff ready for a show I am in. email me your cell phone # again because I am SURE that I lost it.
Post a Comment