4.28.2008

tricky goes bananas




i bought desmond one of those little mesh feeders.  he wasn't so sure what to do with it at first, but once it clicked, he went to town.  by the end of it all he was just smashing and rubbing bananas all over his highchair having a great old time.  i had a feeling it would get a bit messy, hence the bare chest. thank goodness a bath was next on the agenda.  

10 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

Ha.ha. Oh, the mesh banana holder...The worst part is getting that stupid mesh thing clean. I actually had to eventually throw mine away because it turned all brown (much like an over-ripe banana). When Des starts teething throw a couple of ice chunks in that thing and let him suck on them. It works great.

Jacki said...

That is too funny. Aren't those things supposed to be "less mess"? I figure those words don't work with anyone under 3.

Maeve said...

What kind of high chair do you have Jenny? We are starting to look and are interested in the Stoke one but I might like yours better! -Maeve

jenny said...

maevey-
the highchair is made by boon. it is called the flair pedestal highchair. we ordered it from target online. i really like it, it is easy to clean (no weird cracks that collect food) and you can lower and heighten it really easily. the base is kind of large but i liked the rest of the chair and it was a pretty good price.

Julie said...

Cute stuff! He is getting so big!

Live More Now said...

I don't even care what your post says, I just love the title - "Tricky goes bananas" could be a variety of things, all of which make me laugh. I love you and love your baby adventures. xoxo heath

Wallace Clan said...

So cute

charles said...

The running baby is so fantastic! What is a mesh feeder? Pray tell.

wendy_d23 said...

So I went out to Target and bought these after I read your post (free advertising!) but still having trouble getting the hang of it. He loves to see how far he can throw it though, and with a half thawed peach in there, you can image how happy I am.

Abbigail said...

Kitty loved it if I put crushed ice in that. great for teething