8.18.2008

can't forget about the women



i failed to mention dara torres as well.  the woman is one of the oldest female athletes there and she rocked it.  inspiring.  not to mention constantina tomescu who won the women's marathon at the age of 38.  what killed me is she won and then just kept running around the stadium like she wasn't even tired.  i can't even run a block.  

9 comments:

grandma B said...

Hey , don't forget the 33 year old women from Germany who competed against all those girls from China that looked 10! She was awesome ! Her story of courage and devotion to her young son with cancer is amazing. These women are indeed something to behold!

the warrens said...

i remember how you used to tell people that the only way you'd be seen running would be if someone were chasing you.

jenny said...

it's still true tara, very true.

Jan said...

I am loving the olympics too and missing a lot of sleep. The women in the olympics really inspire me too. I want to try swimming now. Go Tara! And I am a phelps phan too!

Jeff and Rose said...

Jenny, at least you know how to run if someone were chasing you. I, unfortunately, never even learned how to run. My legs won't even make the motions.

I am so in awe of these folks because I am more prone to end up on TLC's Biggest Woman Alive program, rather than get my name printed in the Herald Journal for completing a pre-school fun run. I heard recently that Phelps eats 12,000 calories a day--which ironically is only about 150 calories more than I consumed on Saturday night. At least I have a goal, right?? :)

Shannon said...

I'm also amazed by these unbelievable women- It's nice to see some maturity among the rest of the young athletes. Did you see Dara hold off a swim because one of the other competitors suit was ripped? And that 33 year old gymnast. I'm behind on watching the gymnastics, but I'm pulling for her to win a medal on some event. awesome.

Tyler, Carrie, Bridger, and Calli said...

Jenny,
I am so glad I found your Blog I just love reading and seeing your boy he is so sweet. I am loving the Olympics, those ladies are amazing. Go Girls! Its about time

Jacki said...

Still to this day I ask myself why someone would choose to run a marathon. I mean honestly, that is like running from my house to yours. CRAZY!!

I LOVE TORRES!! She just rocks and that is all I can say about that!

Nicole Grotepas said...

But you sure can dance. In fluorescent outfits designed by none other than Kim Carver. I know. I've seen both. A gorgeous experience, I must say.