5.22.2008

heaven help brooke white

ok.  so i am going to admit that i watch american idol.  not even sure why, but i do.  i have to talk about something though.  brooke white.  oh the awkwardness.  she is pretty and has a decent voice but watching her sing, and even worse, dance, is painful.  a little less so when she is behind a piano or a guitar but then i get distracted by her slouching or concentrating so hard on not missing a chord it is uncomfortable too.  i really am not trying to be mean, but i just don't even know how she made it as far as she did.  i had forgotten about it until watching the finale. anyway, as i'm sure most of you are aware (even if you don't want to admit to it) the finale was last night.  all in all it was a bunch of really cheesy song and dance numbers with wash up stars.  george michael looked border line scary during his performance and it was strangely long and sad.  the one definite highlight was the "midnight train to georgia" performance by jack black, robert downey jr., and ben stiller (posted below).  truly funny.  i love jack black and ben stiller's facial expressions are amazing.  anyway, i'm not really surprised at the outcome.  david cook is more "rock star" and seems more marketable than david archaletta.  little archie can sing but he is still quite young.  so thats it.  until next year, when i'm sure i will watch it all over again.  



8 comments:

HAB said...

delightful. i think i'm going to start watching it next year if this is what it's all about.

Shannon said...

Yes, I watched american idol as well this year. While I agree that Brook is awkward, your description of her, I felt, also described David Archuletta quite accurately. I just can't get over how awkward and gangly (if you can somehow be gangly when you're short) that poor kids is. I think just a few sports lessons would have gone a long way for his manhood. And everytime he opened his mouth....I found myself attempting to watch/listen to him with only one eye open and then begging him to fold his arms or do SOMETHING with those hands when he just stood there. Wow, there's a rant for you. I didn't realize I felt so passionate about it.

Wallace Clan said...

I am in total agreement about brooke.

I on the other hand knew david Cook would win all along~

VirtualM said...

It was all over for me wayyyy back when when lil' sassy Danny Noriega didn't make it past 80's night. Remember him? Oh well.
DVRs are amazing. You can watch an episode of American Idol in about 15 minutes. I highly recommend it!

Jacki said...

Oh that clip is too much! I really do love that song! Whoo Whoo!!

Brooke was a little too emotional for me, but I did like her raspy voice.

wendy_d23 said...

(not that I watch it) but what was up with the lighting for Georgie boy? If you make it dark, does he seem less old? Poor Brooke. I think the right David won though.

Running tomorrow? I will go either way, so no pressure but let me know and we'll meet somewhere.

brenna said...

Thanks for posting that video. I love Jack Black, and I agree that Ben Stiller's facial expressions are great. Very entertaining.

Nicole Grotepas said...

C'mon! Brooke White is SO Carol King. I loved her.

I respect your opinion, Jen, I really do. But I have to admit that I thought David C. was lame. :)

In all honesty, I don't understand why anyone still tries out for that program. The record deal has only worked out for a small number of "Idols." It's sadly embarrassing.

p.s. I'm a high powered record exec, so my opinion really matters in the grand scheme of things.